More About Me
When I am not coaching, you can find me traveling with my family and soaking in all of the experiences the world has to offer. My main values stem around work/life balance so I enjoy spending time with my husband and our beautiful daughter, and volunteering for various charities, such as “Feed The Troops,” "I Will Make A Difference: 2014," "Emerge," “Feed the Hungry,” and the “Angel Tree Project.” It was an important realization for me, particularly while serving in executive level positions, that investing in my life away from work actually allowed me to enjoy my work even more. It brings the balance that I need to be the best version of myself at all times. I am taking every opportunity to “walk the talk” and be an inspiration to those who meet me so together we can change lives!
To give you a quick glimpse of my background. I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and a Masters Degree in Education. I have worked in all aspects of Human Resources with my most recent corporate role as the Vice President of Talent Management and Learning for a Fortune 500 Financial Services Company. I continue to learn and invest in my own growth by participating in many professional associations, sharing my gift as a professional speaker, and continuing to gain expertise through professional designations.
- Institute of Coaching Professional Association
- International Coaching Federation
- Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Society for Human Resource Management
- American Society of Training & Development
- Human Capital Institute
- Institute for Corporate Productivity
- Future of Work Consortium
- International Society for Performance Improvement (Founding member and former VP of membership for the ISPI Charlotte, NC Chapter).
Public Speaker for the following events:
- 2017 Women's Connected - Employee Resource Group Conference
- 2016 Women in Technology Session
- 2014 Metis Movement Women in Leadership
- 2014 Speaker at TMA Conference
- 2012 Speaker at the IE Group HRSummit
- 2008, 2009, 2010 Speaker at ASTD International Conference & Charlotte Local Chapter Meetings
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) - International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC)-Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Certified Energy Leadership Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)
- Certified Birkman Method Assessment Practioner
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Practitioner
- Certified Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR)
Certified Hogan Personality Assessment Practitioner
Contact me for an initial consultation or for any questions.
Additional Information on Behavioral-Based Assessments
Below are a couple of additional offerings for stand-alone assessments.
Hogan Assessment: An assessment to gain a deeper sense of the characteristics, competencies, and values that underlie how you approach work, leadership, and interact with others.
Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI): An assessment to understand how your personal preferences drive your leadership style. This assessment explores preferences for how you see the world, how you take in information andhow you make decisions.
Contact me for an initial consultation or for any question.
It's About the Journey
When we set a goal, we often become so focused on the outcome that we lose sight of what is actually important: the journey.
Life is about living in the moment, but when we are preoccupied with winning versus losing, and completely focused on simply crossing the finish-line of achieving our goals, it is easy to forget that.