Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
Why Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)?
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment has helped millions of people worldwide gain insights about themselves and how they interact with others—and improve how they communicate, learn, and work. It provides a powerful framework for building better relationships, driving positive change, harnessing innovation, and achieving excellence. The MBTI assessment makes Carl Jung's theory of psychological type both understandable and highly practical by helping individuals identify their preferences in four areas
MBTI Step I is a powerful, versatile personality type assessment that provides the foundations for a deep understanding of personal motivations and group interactions. It can be applied to multiple personal and business issues, and revisited over time as new challenges arise. By providing multiple quality-assured insights with a single questionnaire, the MBTI assessment's scalability and relevance to all organizational levels delivers a high return on investment.
MBTI looks at personality type based on four fundamental dimensions of individual difference, to create 16 personality type profiles:
- Extraversion (E) – Introversion (I)
Where you prefer to get or focus your energy
- Sensing (S) – iNtuition (N)
The kind of information you prefer to gather and trust
- Thinking (T) – Feeling (F)
The process you prefer to use in coming to decisions
- Judging (J) – Perceiving (P)
How you prefer to deal with the world around you
The insights gained provide a framework for tackling a wealth of issues that can be applied in both professional and private arenas, setting users off on a lifelong development journey that gives them greater self-insight the more the framework is applied.
The Myers-Briggs assessment is far more than just a personality questionnaire. The theoretical framework of the MBTI assessment provides a common language for understanding and describing the interpersonal differences that define us as individuals.
How It Helps
The MBTI assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Team development—helps ease communication among team members, identify team strengths and weaknesses, and create action plans for improved performance
- Leadership development—deepens leaders’ understanding of their personality type and the types of those they are leading to help them manage better, give more meaningful feedback, and improve individual and team performance
- Conflict management—improves skills in identifying sources of conflict and intervening early to prevent under-performance, disruption, and disengagement
- Stress management—builds resilience, increases productivity, and offers strategies for identifying and managing stress triggers
- Career transition and planning—helps guide individuals on career choice, development, and management
Contact me for an initial consultation or for any question.
It's About the Journey
When we set a goal, we often become so focused on the outcome that we lose sight of what is actually important: the journey.
Life is about living in the moment, but when we are preoccupied with winning versus losing, and completely focused on simply crossing the finish-line of achieving our goals, it is easy to forget that.